Def & Row, Featuring: Benji Button

Def & Row, Featuring: Benji Button
Check Out The questions we asked in the interview
1 - How did the journey with music start? 1. My father's record collection. Mingus, Monk, Brubeck, Ellington, Basie.
2 - What made you decide to get into music? 2. I saw Sly & The Family Stone in 69'. I said, that's what I want to do.
3 - What inspires you most? 3. Depth of imagination. You're either clever or you're not.
4 - Who inspired you to make music? 4. I saw the film "Help" starring The Beatles. That's when I decided to become a songwriter. In the early days I used to make my own comic books and music magazines. All fictional characters of course. Living in my head. I used that same approach many years later when I created the fictional hip hop duo of Def & Row. Def is a more extreme version of Flava Flav. And Row is a hip hop version of one of the Cosby kids.
5 - If you were not a musician what would you have been? 5. A producer
6- What are your suggestions for the newcomers? 6. If you start a project be sure to finish it. Don't let common folk steer you away from your goals. Use the vendors on Fiverr to reach the world. Own your music.
7- What would be your dream collaboration? 7. Too many. Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Maurice White, John Lennon, Joni Mitchell.
8- Have you ever gone through music writer’s block? 8. Rarely. If one thing is'nt working ,like the lyrics, then I'll focus on the chords. If the guitar is a drag then I'll compose on keyboard and write in a different genre. I've written country, pop, soul, funk, metal, dance, soundtrack, hip hop, spoken word, folk, jazz. Stay open and never limit yourself.
9- Who are your most favorite artists of all time? 9. Sly Stone, John Lennon, Joni Mitchell, Stevie Wonder, Paul Simon, Kate Bush, Maurice White, Lambert Hendricks and Ross, Gloria Lynne.
10-How would you describe the mus 10. Depends on my mood. What the spirits are saying in my ear. Or I may read a passage in a book, something from a movie or I may get inspiration from a song I don't even like. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to speak to your audience. DC Pryor Pryor 2 What ? Records

Comments